UGC Approved Journal no 63975

ISSN: 2349-5162 | ESTD Year : 2014
Call for Paper
Volume 8 | Issue 5 | May 2021

JETIREXPLORE- Search Thousands of research papers



WhatsApp Contact
Click Here

Published in:

Volume 5 Issue 7
July-2018
eISSN: 2349-5162

UGC and ISSN approved 7.95 impact factor UGC Approved Journal no 63975

7.95 impact factor calculated by Google scholar

Unique Identifier

Published Paper ID:
JETIR1807896


Registration ID:
185746

Page Number

1151-1156

Share This Article


Jetir RMS

Title

Surveillance of health behaviours and physical activity habits among the people of Tirunelveli Corporation

Abstract

ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to survey the health behaviours and conditions among the Peoples of Tirunelveli Corporation. To achieve the purpose of the study, forty five thousand (n=45,000) families were selected from the Tirunelveli Corporation, Tamilnadu, India during the period of year 2009-2011.The selected subjects were randomly assigned into the following groups of such as Age Category, Activity based, Disease category, Age based Disease and Age based Activity. In Health condition of people in Tirunelveli Corporation limits the result of this survey out of 16015 peoples there are 3357 peoples were reported by various diseases. 21% (n=3357) peoples were reported by the Diseases and Disorders and remaining 79% (n=12658) peoples were not reported by the diseases and disorder. Among the 21%, diabetes and fever related diseases were leading with 6% followed by respiratory disorders with 4%, cardiac reported with 2% and cancer reported with less than 1%. The result of the present study clearly shows that the most of the public were affected by a leading health problem that is diabetes. Hence, the people of Tirunelvlei corporation were advised to take physical activity habits regularly to avoid health problems. Most of the diseases are due to physical inactivity. In Physical activity habits in the result of this survey out of 16015 peoples 6276 peoples were doing physical activity in various stages. Nearly 39% (n=6276) peoples were doing physical activity. Remaining 61% (n=9739) peoples were not doing physical activity. Hence it was concluded more number of peoples are not doing physical activity in Tirunelveli Corporation, less than least number of peoples only can doing physical activity in Tirunelveli Corporation. So this indicates some of the peoples are doing physical activity in the Tirunelveli Corporation. The findings of the present study were surveillance of health behaviours and conditions in Tirunelveli Regions. Thus the result of this survey Totally 2% of people occurred by cardiac problem, 4% of peoples were occurred by the Respiratory diseases, 6% of peoples was occurred by Diabetics, In Cancer some of the peoples were attacked, 6% of peoples were occurred by the Fever, 3% of peoples were occurred by Any other diseases. In the result 79% of peoples were not attacked by the diseases. So the health status of Tirunelveli Regions Totally 21% of peoples was attacked by the various diseases. Remaining 79% of peoples were having good health in Tirunelveli Regions. The physical activity habits of Tirunelveli Region Peoples are 7% of peoples were doing physical activity with Occasionally, 5% of peoples were doing physical activity with Doctor advised, In 12% of peoples were ding physical activity Regularly, 15% of people were doing any other physical activity like yoga, Gymnastics and Dance etc. Mostly 61% of people were never doing physical activity in Tirunelveli regions. So thus the results totally 39% of people were doing physical activity in various conditions. Remaining 61% of people were doing physical activity in various conditions. The results in this report indicate a need to continue to monitor health behaviors, chronic conditions, physical activity habits and use preventive health services at state and local levels. Results from the survey are used to identify emerging health problems, to sup¬port health-related efforts, to develop and evaluate public health and programs and the public physical activity habits in Tirunelveli region peoples. Key words: Surveillance, Health behaviors, Physical activity habits, Tirunelveli

Key Words

Key words: Surveillance, Health behaviors, Physical activity habits, Tirunelveli

Cite This Article

"Surveillance of health behaviours and physical activity habits among the people of Tirunelveli Corporation", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.5, Issue 7, page no.1151-1156, July-2018, Available :http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1807896.pdf

ISSN


2349-5162 | Impact Factor 7.95 Calculate by Google Scholar

An International Scholarly Open Access Journal, Peer-Reviewed, Refereed Journal Impact Factor 7.95 Calculate by Google Scholar and Semantic Scholar | AI-Powered Research Tool, Multidisciplinary, Monthly, Multilanguage Journal Indexing in All Major Database & Metadata, Citation Generator

Cite This Article

"Surveillance of health behaviours and physical activity habits among the people of Tirunelveli Corporation", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org | UGC and issn Approved), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.5, Issue 7, page no. pp1151-1156, July-2018, Available at : http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1807896.pdf

Publication Details

Published Paper ID: JETIR1807896
Registration ID: 185746
Published In: Volume 5 | Issue 7 | Year July-2018
DOI (Digital Object Identifier):
Page No: 1151-1156
Country: TIRUNELVELI, Tamil Nadu, India .
Area: Other
ISSN Number: 2349-5162


Preview This Article


Downlaod

Click here for Article Preview

Download PDF

Downloads

0002452

Print This Page

Current Call For Paper

Jetir RMS