UGC Approved Journal no 63975

ISSN: 2349-5162 | ESTD Year : 2014
Call for Paper
Volume 9 | Issue 1 | January 2022

JETIREXPLORE- Search Thousands of research papers



WhatsApp Contact
Click Here

Published in:

Volume 6 Issue 6
June-2019
eISSN: 2349-5162

UGC and ISSN approved 7.95 impact factor UGC Approved Journal no 63975

7.95 impact factor calculated by Google scholar

Unique Identifier

Published Paper ID:
JETIR1908A98


Registration ID:
223035

Page Number

1058-1061

Share This Article


Jetir RMS

Title

COMPARISON OF OBSTETRIC BLOOD LOSS USING PICTOGRAM VISUAL AID AND GRAVIMETRIC

Abstract

Objective: To know the accuracy of assessing the obstetric blood loss using pictogram visual aid and gravimetric. Methods: A cross-sectional prospective study was conducted at the Department of Obstetric and Gynecology Medical Faculty of Universitas Sumatera Utara which consist of Tertiary General Hospital of H. Adam Malik, General Hospital of Dr. Pirngadi Medan, General Hospital of Putri Hijau, General Hospital of Haji and District Hospital of Sundari Medan, started from April 2017 until July 2017. Research sample was obstetric patient who giving birth via both spontaneous vaginal delivery (SVD) and caesarean section (CS) with any indication which was assessed the blood loss during the delivery by using pictogram visual aid and gravimetric. Data was analysed using Mann Whitney, T-test and Wilcoxon test. The 95% confidence interval and p < 0.05 were statistically significant. RESULTS: The total sample were 66 subjects whereby 4 patients were aged < 20 (6.1%), aged 20 - 35 years were 49 patients (74.2%) and the rest 13 patients were ≥ 35 years old (19.7%). A total of 14 patients (21.2%) were primigravida while the remaining 52 patients (78.8%) were multigravida. As many as 15 patients (23%) had SVD and the remaining 51 patients (77%) were via CS. The average blood loss of patient who had SVD using pictogram visual aid 309.50 ± 165.03 was lower than using gravimetric 326.67 ± 130.75, (p < 0.03). While in CS, the mean of blood loss by using pictogram visual aid 947.99 ± 701.75 higher than using gravimetry 871.57 ± 679.65, (p < 0.001). There was a decrease of hemoglobine level and hematocrit level before and after both modes of delivery (SVD and CS), where the decrease was statistically significant (p < 0.001). From this research also found that the average decrease of hemoglobine level in SVD was lower 0.30 ± 0.31 compared to CS 0.9 ± 0.83 with significance level of p < 0.001. Conclusions: There was a difference in the obstetric blood loss by using pictogram visual aid and gravimetric in both mode of delivery either SVD or CS. Then it is required education and simulation exercises for the usage of pictogram visual aid as a tool to determine the amount of obstetric blood loss that is very easy, cheap, simple and can be used on health services with limited resources.

Key Words

Keywords: obstetric hemorrhage, spontaneous vaginal delivery, sectio secaria, pictogram visual aid and gravimetric.

Cite This Article

"COMPARISON OF OBSTETRIC BLOOD LOSS USING PICTOGRAM VISUAL AID AND GRAVIMETRIC", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.6, Issue 6, page no.1058-1061, June 2019, Available :http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1908A98.pdf

ISSN


2349-5162 | Impact Factor 7.95 Calculate by Google Scholar

An International Scholarly Open Access Journal, Peer-Reviewed, Refereed Journal Impact Factor 7.95 Calculate by Google Scholar and Semantic Scholar | AI-Powered Research Tool, Multidisciplinary, Monthly, Multilanguage Journal Indexing in All Major Database & Metadata, Citation Generator

Cite This Article

"COMPARISON OF OBSTETRIC BLOOD LOSS USING PICTOGRAM VISUAL AID AND GRAVIMETRIC", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org | UGC and issn Approved), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.6, Issue 6, page no. pp1058-1061, June 2019, Available at : http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1908A98.pdf

Publication Details

Published Paper ID: JETIR1908A98
Registration ID: 223035
Published In: Volume 6 | Issue 6 | Year June-2019
DOI (Digital Object Identifier):
Page No: 1058-1061
Country: Medan, Sumatera Utara, Indonesia .
Area: Medical Science
ISSN Number: 2349-5162


Preview This Article


Downlaod

Click here for Article Preview

Download PDF

Downloads

0002628

Print This Page

Current Call For Paper

Jetir RMS